Follow GuyMacPherson on Twitter

Monday, January 26, 2009

Two-time WSF? guest does good

I just read that Kyle Cease has won the Comedy Central Stand-up Showdown. If you don't believe me, see for yourself.

Good on him. Kyle has been on our program twice before and is the only guest we've had who's essentially done his act in studio. I like it, but it's different. I think that's an American style thing. Down south, stand-ups get invited on to radio shows and usually it's a morning zoo kinda deal where everything's wacky. The comic works in a bit and the hosts cackle and ring bells and blow buzzers and all that. Obviously on our show, we don't do any of that. Hell, we hardly even laugh. But he was a great guest. I just checked our podcasts and see only one of his appearances is up. I'll have to look around to see if I have the other one. Meanwhile, if you haven't heard it already, you might enjoy Kyle Cease live in our studio from September 25, 2005.

Speaking of podcasts, as some of you may have noticed, the last one we uploaded is from December 2007. What can we say? We were distracted in '08. It flew by. This very morning I awoke to not one but two e-mails (one from a total stranger, the other a former guest) who asked when we were going to be posting more. Let me just say that's a new record besting the old mark of zero. So let that be my New Year's resolution. I know we had some great guests last year. So I'll work on getting some up for you and I'll let you know right here when that happens. But don't, as they say, hold your breath. Unless you have the hiccups, in which case by all means hold your breath until they go away.

No comments: