Follow GuyMacPherson on Twitter

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Oct. 3: Leena Manro & Munish Sharma

When I was a kid, I loved watching Indian movies. I didn't watch the whole things because they took forever. But whenever I'd flip by the channels and saw beautiful coy Indian women playing hard to get behind a tree, I couldn't turn away. This was before the term Bollywood came into fashion. I haven't seen one since, but I will always have a soft spot for the kitschy musicals.

A taste of Bollywood comes to What's So Funny? tonight. Our guests are first-timers Leena Manro and Munish Sharma of the sketch troupe I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Chicken. They're mounting their next show, The Butter Chicken Reloaded, Oct. 7-9 and 14-16 at CBC Studio 700. There's always a Bollywood or South Asian taste to the Butter Chicken shows so I'm really looking forward to it (that's the lovely Leena in the photo above so you know what I'm talking about). We'll discuss the Typical Brown Girl and Aunties of all types and anything else I think of between now and 11 pm. So tune in!

No comments: