Follow GuyMacPherson on Twitter

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Nov. 7: Tetsuro Shigematsu

I first knew of Tetsuro Shigematsu, tonight's guest, as a stand-up comic. Then as a sketch comic with the now defunct Hot Sauce Posse. Then he fell off the radar, comedically speaking. I guess because he got a job as a national radio host on CBC. Remember SAD GOAT? Yeah, he took over for Bill Richardson on that afternoon show, the name of which escapes me and since this is a blog I'm not going to research it... Wait! It just came to me: The Roundup. That's it. (Because this is a blog, I'm not even going to go back and edit the earlier sentence.)

And then that show ended. The next time I saw Shigematsu was this past summer when he was loitering outside an elementary school. (Sounds creepy, but he had a valid reason.) Turns out he was living down in L.A. for a spell working on Spike TV's Deadliest Warrior (he has samurai roots, doncha know).

So we've got lots and lots to talk about, including his stint on This Hour Has 22 Minutes which I didn't mention above only because I never watch that show. But I'm not above talking about it. So tune in tonight at 11 to CFRO, 102.7 FM in Vancouver or livestream it at coopradio.org.

No comments: