Follow GuyMacPherson on Twitter

Sunday, July 13, 2014

July 13: Wes Barker

I love magic. Someone asked the other day what I love about it. I think it's because we all know the magician is going to pull a fast one on us and we still can't figure it out. Think about that. You know it's coming, and they still manage to fool you. I've had two magicians on the show before – Vegas-based Mac King and Nathan Burton. Tonight I get my third on, and the first one to make it in studio for the whole hour: Wes Barker. I know, magic on the radio is an odd concept but they used to do ventriloquism on radio, so why not? Wes is local boy who performs all over the world. In March, he played the Vogue Theatre. He's a "stunt magician." While I love magic, I'm not super into it so I don't know what a "stunt magician" is. Maybe he guesses your card while jumping the Grand Canyon. We'll find out tonight.

We're on the air at 11 pm PT in Vancouver on Co-op Radio 100.5 FM. You can livestream us if you prefer at coopradio.org.

No comments: