Follow GuyMacPherson on Twitter

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Podcast episode 441ish: Scott Patey

It's always exciting to have a first-timer on the show. I'd seen Scott Patey perform for years at the Improv Centre on Granville Island with Vancouver TheatreSports League, but I'd never met him until this momentous night. Patey hails from the border town of Lloydminster, Alberta. Or is that Saskatchewan? It's confusing when you can cross the street in your town and be in another province. He explains. We also talked about how his hockey career was cut short by a break-up, his funnier brother, portraying Donald Trump, and what it's like working in movies with celebrities. Most exciting of all, I take him on in a game of Rock, Paper, Scissors (a game he hosts at various venues around town, but mostly at Corduroy in Kits on Monday nights). I've also got him promising me on air that he'd take me to New York City when/if he gets to host Saturday Night Live. I'm holding him to it.

Here's the episode for you. Do with it what you will. I'd recommend listening. You can also go download/subscribe to the show on iTunes or Stitcher. And elsewhere!

No comments: