Follow GuyMacPherson on Twitter

Saturday, April 15, 2017

Podcast episode 450ish: Camilo the Magician

Camilo the Magician is the first guest in What's So Funny's 13-year history who's had a pop song written about him. That's right, Vancouver's Said The Whale wrote a catchy little number all about Camilo Dominguez and you'll never guess what it's called: Camilo Juan Tamariz and all week I've been watching Juan Tamariz videos on YouTube. Great stuff. I also went to Camilo's show at the York Theatre with my son and we both loved it. He told me afterwards it was "as good as Mac King's show and maybe even better." High praise indeed. Camilo moved to Victoria as a teenager and immediately made friends through his prestidigitation. And he performed a trick for me, too. They don't call it the magic of radio for nothing!
(The Magician). Go check it out and I guarantee you'll be humming it for weeks, as I've been. Camilo was a great guest, telling us all about magic in Colombia. He told me about

Have a listen.

No comments: