Follow GuyMacPherson on Twitter

Sunday, February 11, 2018

Feb. 11: Rod Crawford

I love talk about bygone eras. I guess that's a function of being old and grizzled, but I was always fascinated with earlier eras even when I was wet behind the ears. Our guest tonight should be able to regale us with tales of yore since he's a wily veteran of the improv scene. A few weeks ago, I was at Yuk Yuk's for The Brett Martin Show and Rod Crawford was on stage doing improv. During his sit-down segment with Martin, he mentioned legendary Vancouver comic, the late Colin Campbell... Crickets... But I was excited. I saw Colin perform lots in the early '80s and even once played basketball with him when he visited Victoria. He was one of the best, but because there aren't any public recordings of him, people don't know him. Anyway, this isn't to say we'll just be talking about Colin Campbell all hour. After the show at Yuks, I spoke with Crawford and knew instantly he'd be a great guest. So here we are. Rod has run a comedy club, invented improv forms, acted, and... I'm sure lots more, which we'll get to tonight.

Tune in to CFRO 100.5 FM in Vancouver tonight at 11 pm. Or livestream us at coopradio.org. Or listen in on the TuneIn Radio app. We'll be there.

No comments: