Follow GuyMacPherson on Twitter

Sunday, April 4, 2010

April 4: Allyson Smith

It's 10 a.m. as I write this and I have a belly full of chocolate already. And I've got plenty more to go (especially once I dip into the little one's Easter basket). Will I experience a sugar crash on air tonight? You'll have to tune in and find out. But you'll want to tune in for other reasons, too, namely the lovely and talented Allyson Smith. The last time I saw the former school marm was in Saint John, New Brunswick, back in October where she was nominated for a Canadian Comedy Award. She last visited us in studio back in 2007, when she was still a resident of this fair city after moving from Alberta. Now she makes her home in Toronto. Is she on the run? We'll find out tonight.

We've had plenty of guests over the years perform live humorous music for us, but Allyson – a karaoke queen – is the only one to belt out Gloria Gaynor's I Will Survive, complete with orchestration. Gotta love the spirit. I'm going to beg for another song tonight and hopefully she'll comply.

No comments: