Follow GuyMacPherson on Twitter

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Podcast episode 343ish: John Cullen

Hello Canada, and curling fans in the United States and Newfoundland. It's my pleasure to welcome to the podcast all the shut-ins, the pensioners, the blind, and all of those people who can't get out to watch curling games... Curling games? Okay, I've been exposed. I don't know curling from hockey, but I do know they both take place on the ice. And you don't "play" curling; you just do it. After talking to comedian (and curler) John Cullen for an hour, I know more about curling than ever before. I always figured because of my expertise in Wii curling, I'd just need six weeks training before I'm competing nationally in curling. But he insists that's not the case. Whatever.

The episode isn't all curling, though. We also talk comedy, magic, give a review of the Bill Burr show we went to that very night, discuss pedagogy (John's also an in-demand substitute teacher, or TOC to use the lingo du jour), bad first dates, and embarrassing high school poetry. Plus we're joined in studio by fellow teacher and curling fan Jack Showers to translate stuff to me in language I'd understand.

Stream the episode below or go download it at Stitcher, PodcastLand or wait who knows how long for iTunes to get around to putting it up. It'll get there eventually.



No comments: