Follow GuyMacPherson on Twitter

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Apr. 17: Kyle Bottom with special guest co-host Scott McLean

Tonight's show came about because of Paul F. Tompkins. Indirectly. Let me explain:

A few weeks ago I was listening to one of the funniest podcasts out there: the Pod F. Tompkast. Sitting in with Paul was a Vancouverite by the name of Scott McLean. McLean paid a thousand bucks (U.S.) to charity for the honour of hanging with Tompkins at his studio. And he acquitted himself quite nicely. So I thought I'd track him down and ask him to come on What's So Funny? – at no charge to him at all. He's a big comedy fan so I even let him choose the guest. He'll tell us about his experience on the Tompkast and what Tompkins is really like, and then Scott and I will grill our guest Kyle Bottom.

I'd been meaning to invite the baritone-voiced Bottom on the show for some time but never got around to it so it was great that Scott chose him. I last saw the baritone-voiced Bottom in a local comedy competition, where he advanced all the way to the final. That's the extent of my knowledge of him, though. We met briefly once (maybe twice) but we've never really talked. There was one brief exchange a couple of months ago, which I'm sure we'll talk about. While the Pod F. Tompkast was responsible for this episode, we may invoke some WTF with Marc Maron to start off the show when I apologize to Kyle for that meeting. Awkwardness!

No comments: